Re: Formula for Money Stream

Debra,

Post from - Ron - Generic MACD

&

Post from - Ron - TC2000's RSI formula

are equivalent to what I use to map my TC2000 RSI and MACD to Metastock

My code for MACD

Those are the default settings and they can not be changed with the MACD()
function in Metastock.  You can only change the signal line which is
defaulted
to 9.

You will need tot set up your own custom indicator in the Indicator Builder.
This is how I have mine set-up when I want to change settings.

1stEMA:= Input("1stEMA",1,40,12);
2ndEMA:= Input("2ndEMA",1,40,26);
Signal:= Input("Signal",1,20,9);
Mov(C,1stEMA,E)-Mov(C,2ndEMA,E);
Mov(Mov(C,1stEMA,E)-Mov(C,2ndEMA,E),1,E);
Mov(Mov(C,1stEMA,E)-Mov(C,2ndEMA,E),Signal,E);
0

The 0 provides a zero line

You will need to take the MACD - Mov(C,1stEMA,E)-Mov(C,2ndEMA,E);
and change it to a Histogram

I have the - Mov(Mov(C,1stEMA,E)-Mov(C,2ndEMA,E),1,E);
as a line that traces the MACD Histogram to better catch signal line
crossovers

The - Mov(Mov(C,1stEMA,E)-Mov(C,2ndEMA,E),Signal,E);
is the signal line.

Plot the Metastock with the MACD and then plot your custom MACD
with the 12 26 9 parameters to see if they match up before you trust how
you have your custom MACD set-up

Save the new MACD in a Template called MACD so you will not have to
set the Histogram up again on future uses.  You will still be able to change
the parameters onf the MACD in the Template by clicking on it and changing
its properties.

 My code for RSI