Re: Formula for Money Stream

Lionel,

Yes,  I have done allot of work with TC2000, Metastock, and TradeStation
indicators. Some interesting observations!!!

The RSI is Different between all three programs
TC2000 uses a SMA for smoothing
Metastock uses the Wilder Smoothin function
TradeStation uses less decimal places which makes it less sensative

ATR is different between Metastock and Tradestation
Metastock is a smoothed ATR by periods
Tradestations uses a SMA by periods of a 1 period ATR

MACD is different between Metastock and TC2000
TC2000  is the histogram between the 2 EMA and the siganl line
Metastock is the histogram between the 2 EMA

ADX is different between Metastock and Tradestation
Though they look the same,  Metastock ADX is rounded to a whole number
for calculations and Tradestation has it too 2 decimal places.

I am sure their are more differences then the ones I have noted.
I have gone back to get common indicators so I can port trading system
between the three to get the same results in each.

Their is no TC2000 TSV or Moneystream in Metastock.  As I like to use
both I did reverse TSV Time Segmented Volume and came pretty close with
two formulas I provided.  TSV can be either S or E smoothed so I had to come
up with two formula's to cover each case.  Though the two are not exact,
they
show the same divergences and zero crossover points which is how I use them
so I OK with what I have.

I have tried to develop the TC2000 MoneyStream into a Metastock indicator
and have not completed that yet.  I am starting with the Persistenance of
Money Flow Indicator as my basis as it is the closest to what I beleive the
MoneyStream indicator does.  I have not perfected it yet.

Still looking for a Metastock equivalent of TC2000 MoneyStream?

Bill