From: owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of DAVID H. LINTON
Sent: Monday, May 06, 2002 8:32 AM
To: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Parabolic SAR - Wilder's Original Definition

Neo, thanks for the SAR formula details from Wilder's book. This is what I
was looking for in my original SAR post.
Roy, using these details I have checked out a few of MetaStocks SAR
calculations and conclude that their calculation method is accurate.
Accurate, yes, but correct, I'm not so sure.
The key thought for the MS approach is that, with today's results, the SAR
point that MS will plot on tomorrow's bar is calculated but not shown on the
chart. It is not shown because it could change if the SAR line changed from
one direction to the other.
Perhaps, Neo, you can tell us if this is what Wilder intended?
Why not simply back the line up one day?
David