RE: Forward Shift Indicator Five Days??

Pretty slick, Roy.

Thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Roy Larsen
Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2002 11:56 AM
To: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Forward Shift Indicator Five Days??

Nicholas

Here is another tool that you might find helpful for use with Joe's
suggested use of the Ref() function. Suppose the indicator you want to
shift is Mov(C,10,S) the following indicator can be set up to display a
short line at the right side of the chart so that you know what the last
value of the shifted signal would be if you could see it (last value of
signal).

  {Last Bar View}
Signal:=Mov(C,10,S);
Periods:=5; {periods to display}
LastBar:=LastValue(Cum(1)-(Periods-1))=Cum(1);
Line:=ValueWhen(1,LastBar,LastValue(Signal));
Ref(Signal,-5); {shifted signal}
Line; {last value of shifted signal}

Roy