Re: Automatic Execution of Explorations

Hello Nicolas :

Search for AutoIT : a freeware tool with a very good
"support" group on Yahoo. (maker Johnatan and Larry , f.i.)

A few years ago i made an AutoIt program to download
-without intervention-  the ReutersDataLink price info.
(i only have the listing now, (and yes it worked fine)).
and about a month ago i
"rediscovered" it and made since then a "timed automatic
backup in W2K with roulating *.bkf files "  with the support
 from the AutoItList group : you should see this ! it works great.
Ideas enough but time too little.

 If it is possible to simulate the clicks you normally -manually-
 make for the Execution of the Explorations Then i do think
it is possible. One thing : you first probably have to make a
timely effort to make the program but if you get the hang of it
it is fun ;) .

Yes there are others alternatives (like Automate 5 (?) new version.
and VBS-scripting but you will love AutoIt's flexibility
and combinations of the tools are also a possibility.

With a program like Wintask you could make it even better :
suppose you would like to make a systemstate- backup at 23.15 every day
Then you would run Wintask with the backup.aut program.

So : go ahead !

Good Luck !

Theo Lockefeer.