Re: information frequency vs tradeability

On Wed, 27 Feb 2002 13:09:45 -0800 (PST), you wrote:

>The only way to determine the usefulness of "NT" is for
>me to compute it and analyze it, which I have not yet done.
>In general I "trade" stocks that are in strong, consistent
>trends, and are not too volatile, i.e. "straight-line"
>prices.  My thoughts are that "NT" for these will be close
>to 1, but I'll try to find some time to do the computations
>and get back to you.
>
>Is "NT" your creation?

Its just a straight forward consequence from Fourier's sampling
theorem, which I (unfortunately) have not invented.

I stumbled across it, when I tried to find the reasons for some
differences between the results from my trading system and my "real
world" results. This NT stuff may give a measure, what we can get out
from a given data stream, even if we would use the "best" trading
system possible.
Like I wrote in my first posting, usage of stadev (and mean||) is only
a quick & dirty approach of using probability distributions for wins /
losses and a p2w/lmtxx% (probability-to-loose/win-more-than-xx%)
cluster, which is what I do.

mfg rudolf stricker