RE: information frequency vs tradeability

--- Lionel Issen <lissen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> What  does L2 mean?

Sorry, should have explained that. L2 stand for "Lebesgue measureble of
degree 2". In loose terms that means that the functions has finite
energy. So you either sum or integrate the f^2 over all real numbers.
For the sampled versions (which stock prices are) you would take a
finite sample and replicate it infinitely. That's also how fourier
transforms of finite sequences work.

So my original point was that even while stock prices don't meet the
requirments for fourier, the essense remains valid. So it's important
not to get hung up on the trying to rely any "precise" statements about
spectrum and sampling, but rather to look at the information that
fourier gives you as something "close".

I hope that clarifies my original comments. I wasn't meant to be deep,
just an observation about how far to stretch the math.

=====
---
Allan Havemose, Ph.D.
havemose@xxxxxxxxxx