Re: Power Basic programming-metastock

"CS" wrote

> Frankly, I wish MS would simply fix the bugs that have been noted a year
> ago. When bugs are found in AmiBroker they are fixed in about 72 hours
> which are easily downloaded and patched from a web site. Try that in MS.

A year ago?  I've been working with MS since 1.0, with a couple of years
off to play with SuperCharts, and the basic problems have not changed
since then.  Metastock is a wonderful charting program that would like to
be a system tester and has never made the transition.  The basic design
compromises (like limiting entries and exits to OHLC) cripple it in ways
that they apparently just don't want to cope with, and even the most
obvious bugs (for example, in testing stops) appear to be set in stone.
Maybe the promised mega-revision will take care of these things, but
I'll believe it when I see it.

That is very much too bad, because the interface is as good as it gets.
Yet so be it.  In time, I will be good enough with AmiBroker to do
anything my trading requires.  Already, it gives me information that
Metastock will never provide, and I can trust the results.  Reason
enough to make the transition, even if it does require serious effort.

Owen Davies