From: rudolf stricker [mailto:lists@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2002 11:15 AM
To: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: DMI, RSI using also ohl

For those who might be interested in the subject:

Like discussed here some weeks before, I have modified the formulas
for DMI/RSI (provided by Andreas Grau; thanks again) to take into
account o-h-l data for UP / DOWN calculation, where the data are
weighted by their age. The results do not provide totally new
insights, but tend to be smoother without any additional lag.

For those who might be interested in the details, I have prepared an
Excel file dmi-cohl.xls, which contains the formulas for a DMI or RSI,
that also can take into account o-h-l, if you want it to do so. The
formulas are applied to some DAX data (picture included), without any
smoothing in this case. Open-high/low can be used optionally for the
UP / DOWN calculation. The results are not adjusted to show any
"message", but you may play around with the input parameters to see
the effects.

Please let me know BY EMAIL to rst@xxxxxxxxxxx, if you would like me
to send to you this Excel file.

mfg rudolf stricker