Re: Batch Expert Triggering ?

Gerald,

In MS help, you can find :
A "layout" is a graphical representation of one or multiple securities in one
or multiple windows.  A layout can contain price plots, line studies, text,
etc.
With a layout, you can group charts of the same or different securities into
one manageable unit.  For example, perhaps you'd like to see charts of all of
your computer stocks on the screen ¾ not just today, but every day.  You could
load them all, display them as you'd like, and then save them in a layout for
later use using an *.mwl extension.  Or maybe you always like to display Corn
and Wheat charts with a 14-day Stochastic, 9-day RSI, and 10-day moving
average.  Again, use a layout.

Layouts provide a convenient way to manage groups of charts.  The best way to
manage such groups of charts is with a layout. A layout itself is a single
file that, when opened, brings up all the charts  that were saved in the
layout.  When displayed on your screen, each member chart can be identified by
the layout's name, which appears in each chart's heading.  A layout can even
include minimized charts.

When a layout is opened, each member chart is opened and positioned on the
screen exactly as it appeared when the layout was saved, including the
scaling.  Even charts that were not visible (or were minimized) when the
layout was saved will be opened.

... So Gerald, if you have a layout with multiple securities, when you open
your layout, you open a chart of each of these securities. And if they each
have an expert attached, I think you will get about the same results than a
batch mode.

Pierre Tremblay