Re: adaptive systems - how to define appropriate time windows ?

Rudolf

I'm not sure what you're looking for. What are you trying to adapt to? If
you are trying to adapt your system to the current cycle length look at some
of Dr. John Elhers indicators that measure cycle length. If you're trading
options why not make the system adaptive to current or historical
volatility. Personally I don't believe a "best" time period exists. That is
too restrictive for me. A strongly trending stock will probably have a long
cycle length while that same stock may have a very short cycle length if it
is in a trading range. The problem with cycle lengths is that they are based
on the past and not the future but they may provide a best guess as to the
future cycle length.

John Manasco