Re: momentum indicators, using also o-h-l

Dan,

Here's one way of looking at it:  Momentum is the buying and selling
pressure that "cycles" through a market in a fairly short time frame.
"Momentum indicators" tend to help in choppy markets.  "1.gif" depicts
trades triggered by a momentum oscillator (StoRSI) and can "knock 'em dead"
in a choppy sideways market.

"2.gif" depicts a short and long moving average, applied to the same market.
Of course, the opposite is true in this situation.  As long as the market
continues to "trend", the shorter moving average will keep you in a
position.  Unlike momentum oscillators, moving average "crossovers" will
carve up your equity if the market decides to move sideways.

Take care,

Steve
www.cedarcreektrading.com