Re: which Windows?

Definitely NOT Windows ME, that series of operating systems has now been
abondoned and replaced with XP which is based on the WinNT/2K, not the
Win95/98/ME series of operating systems. They are two quite different
operating systems under the hood, and the NT/2K/XP operating is far, far
superior. I've been running Windows 2000 & now XP for a few years now, and
in that time the operating system has *never* crashed. I use my PC a lot and
quite aggressively, and simply don't have problems.

Win2K and XP are both great operating systems. If you are after a straight
workhorse machine and all you do it basic office & trading stuff, either is
fine. If you play a few games or use a lot of hardware, or generally push
the system a little further, I'd recommend XP due to its better support of
drivers, hardware, etc. XP is just a dream when it comes to installing new
hardware. Eg: I bought a logitech USB webcam a while ago. To install it in
XP, I plugged it in. That's it. No drivers, no software, no nothing. Just
plug it in and it works great, I use it for video conferencing, etc.

Having said all that, Metastock is a little funny on XP and Equis simply say
"it's not supported", but there's an easy workaround which makes it work
fine, I've never had a problem since. Let me know if you want details.

Cheers,

Mark