Re: which Windows?

> Am planning to upgrade from Windows 98. Someone on this
> list suggested upgrading to Windows 2000 instead of XP as
> the former is more stable.
>
> My question : Windows 2000 or Windows Milleneum Edition?

For sure not Millenium.

W2K has alway's served me very good. But when people say that
XP is not as stable, i have my own idea's.

I had some compatability issues with some software (not trading
related, it whas when installing a machine for a friend of mine),
but on W2K there seem to be compatability issues aswell so
i would not take that as "important".

Some of the people i know have stepped over to XP and i must say,
i hear very few complaints.

Therefore, if i were to choose an operating system today, i would go
for XP. It will have a longer life cycle anyway i guess because XP
will be the platform to develop for if you are a developer. XP is
for home and office machine's so i think the day's of W2K are
"over".

greetings

Henry