Re: Different RSI in MetaStock ?

Bill, Onno,

Metastock uses a wilders smoothing not a simple moving average. While not
correct you can use this, it does yield the same ouput as the Metastock RSI.

A:=Input("RSI periods",2,50,14);
B:=C; {RSI target array}
U:=If(B>Ref(B,-1),B-Ref(B,-1),0);
D:=If((B<Ref(B,-1) OR (B=Ref(B,-1))),Ref(B,-1)-B,0);
UE:=Wilders(U,A);
DE:=Wilders(D,A);
100-(100/(1+(UE/DE)));

J.