Re: You have a virus

From:           	"Steve Dugas" <sdugas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Hello,
>
> Your computer should not become infected just by receiving the e-mail,
> only by opening the infected file that was attached.

And that is what I also thought, but not necessarily so.  I got a
worm on one of my computers, it affected the registry and used all
available space on my hard drive.  When the hard drive was
analyzed by a computer technician, his copy of Norton's picked up
the virus and the virus library described the action and effects.
Norton's explained that it does not have to be spread through an
opened attachment, but is embodied in an e-mail.

I now have Norton's....the machine starts much slower, but that is
o.k.  The alternative wasn't very much fun.

Al Taglavore