RE: QQQ System Test Optimizations

Rick,

This is an excellent explanation!  You've hit on the key points of interest that will keep most
most mechanical traders from pulling the plug on their systems--well after they should have
considered those # of losers and drawdown.

I generally use optimization only as a way to show system test results across a range of input
variables.  I have used the "clustering" approach that you describe below (9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15,
16, 17 day), but the trade by trade analysis is a new one.  Thanks for the insight!  This will
prove extremely helpful.

Dave Nadeau
Fort Collins, CO