Re: Tape Reading

There's <FONT
face=Verdana>"<FONT
face=verdana,arial,helvetica>Tape Reading and Market Tactics,"
by Humprhey B. Neill.
Something of a classic.

And there's "<FONT
face=verdana,arial,helvetica>Studies in Tape Reading," by Rollo
Tape, funnily enough. <FONT face=Arial
size=2><FONT face=verdana,arial,helvetica
size=-1>
Alan Farley has written something about it
at:

<A
href="http://www.tradingday.com/dir/quotes_and_charts/ta_tutorial/tctape.html";>http://www.tradingday.com/dir/quotes_and_charts/ta_tutorial/tctape.html
<A
href="http://www.tradingday.com/dir/quotes_and_charts/ta_tutorial/tctape2.html";>http://www.tradingday.com/dir/quotes_and_charts/ta_tutorial/tctape2.html

Maybe he ventured into it in this book of his,
too:

"The Master
Swing Trader: Tools and Techniques to Profit from Outstanding Short-Term Trading
Opportunities"
I rilly don't know.

I might give a talk on it in Baltimore one of these
days. Who's to say?
<BLOCKQUOTE
  <DIV
  <A href="mailto:wooglin.org@xxxxxxxxxxx";
  title=wooglin.org@xxxxxxxxxxx>Wooglin
  To: <A
  href="mailto:tech-traders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";
  title=tech-traders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>tech-traders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ; <A
  href="mailto:quotes-plus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";
  title=quotes-plus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Quotes-Plus Yahoo ; <A
  href="mailto:metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx"; title=metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>List
  MetaStock
  Sent: Monday, May 28, 2001 9:33 PM
  Subject: Tape Reading

  I am looking for source material on the old
  fashion art of tape reading. As I understand it, someone with a trained eye
  and a good memory could watch the tape and see the accumulation (or
  distribution) of a stock followed by a price change in that
  direction.

  I am looking not only for explanation of the
  technique itself but also the trading tactics that go with it.

  Thanks,

  Jim Barone