Re: System Tester Equity Line

At 12:25 PM 5/18/01 -0700, you wrote:
>To List & MS Support:
>
>Is there any way to gain access to the Equity Line
>in System Tester, as either an indicator or data
>field?

Hi John, I have been trying to work this out also. The only way, I am told
by MS Support and private programmers, is by writing a custom DLL. However
it would not allow you to change your trading formulas on the fly while
running your system tester - so if you change your rule you would have to
change your DLL.

I assume you are trying to get Equity feedback to modify your stops and
trading rules - this is what i am working on. What you can do is write two
trading systems and run first the one without Equity feedback then "select"
the displayed equity curve and run your second trading system which
accesses the selected equity curve by using the P variable. It is a bit of
a work around and troublesome as always you have to run two systems to get
your results.

I can't find the post someone referred to however I have emailed the person
who was suppossed to have posted it. If you email me your email address we
can exchange info on this topic - you can reach me at psytek@xxxxxxxx MS
support also emailed me a partial solution - I don't like copying others'
email to the net but can email it to you privately.

I have simulated Equity feedback in Excel and to me it seems to work very
well. You can perform TA on the equity line, to tell you when to reverse
your position (without changing rules) or go into cash.

Well, email me if you are interested in exchanging ideas on this project.
We could even form a small group to work on this.

Happy trading,
Herman.