Re: QP2.x Alternatives.

I use(d) Virtual because it's easy to setup an 8,000 ticker database which
MetaStock can (could) access.  I only had to drag and drop once.  I didn't have
to spend a ½ hour outputting tickers every day.  I didn't even have to select
which tickers are in the second virtual database.

I have plenty of room.  Even if I were to output another 500 MB's in data, I'd
still have a GB left on this partition.  In fact, I already have a second copy
of Windows 98, MS Office 2K, and QP 2.2 on my system in the form of several
hidden partitions.

It's the convenience that will be missing.  If I stay with QP, I'll have to go
through the trouble of figuring out which tickers to output using their scanner,
then update these tickers every day.  With Virtual, I never had to deal with
this.  Instead of having a database neatly divided along Industry groups, then
sectors, I'll have a mess of folders each with 255 tickers.  I know a lot of
other people in here have mentioned the same thing.

Daniel.