Re: QP2.x Alternatives.

I have used their (AAII) software for a number of years.  Exclusively as a
backup when my data vendor has been out of whack.  Fortunately, that has
been very infrequently lately.  Their Power Investor program offers charting
with lots of standard canned indicators.  However, there are no drawing
tools, no ability to switch from bar charts to candlesticks and limited
ability to customize indicators.  The database offers very good screening
for fundementals but nothing for technicals.  There is no possibility of
writting systems or explorations (technical) as there is with metastock.  A
variety of reports can be printed, but, I know of no way to get them into a
format that can be used by excel or other programs.  I don't know of any way
to get their data into a metastock compatible format, but, I would like to
hear about it if some one else does.  In summary, at 92 $/yr for the program
and data, Powerinvestor is a good backup to Metastock and offers good,
customizable, fundemental screening.  I have made buy, hold, sell decisions
on a handful of stocks when my data provider has been on the fritz, but it
is not in the same league as metastock or, perhaps, Quotesplus.  I had lots
of problems with Quotesplus when I used their service.

Powerinvestor also has another product called "Powertech" or something like
that.  I have no experience with it.  It proportedly has some of the
technical analysis features offerred by Metastock.  My guess is that it is a
poor country cousin.

Dan