Re: OFF TOPIC? Re: Dual Monitors

James,
it used to be the amount of memory installed on a video card specified the
highest resolution and colors it could handle.  The Elite Trader Workstation
Guide mentions this:  http://www2.elitetrader.com/ha/guide/index.cfm at
http://www2.elitetrader.com/ha/guide/index.cfm?s=12&t=63&p=2
I believe this is still true.  However, I have not kept up with all the new
video processes so I can't be sure.  I don't know if the newest GPU-based
Geforce2 & 3 cards with 32-64MB also use the extra memory to increase
performance.

Your Appian Gemini 16mb probably uses the memory simply for resolution and
colors, not performance.  8 MB for each monitor is the minimum you should get.
I am surprised you had problems with your G450.  Usually the card is very
dependable and the quality is very high.  I have a G200 and the quality is very
good.  I did have some initial frame skips during video playback for one file
and a small 0.5" square black spot on the screen when I exited it.  After I did
a BIOS and driver upgrade for the card, the problem went away.  EVERYONE:  If
you're a newbie, please don't attempt a BIOS upgrade.

Just curious, did you do a BIOS upgrade for the card during your Dell tech
support call?  Please send me a direct email to answer instead of to the List.

Daniel.