Re: Off Topic - EXCEL

My guess is that you've set your locale to use non-us decimal
characters. Most european countries use "," for decimal point and "."
for 1000 seperator, which is exactly what you're seeing.

Check "Regional Options" under Start/Settings/Control Panel. At least
that's were it is for Windows 2000.

Allan

--- "Dr. R.BHANJA" <bhanjar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I use Microsoft Office2000. Recenely, I am encountering a problem
> while working with EXCEL. While typing any decimal number (for
> example 2576.36) the decimal point is changed to "," (i.e. 2576,36)
> and if I enter any number like 3,834.39 then the number changes into
> 3.834,39. Basically the decimal point changes to comma and comma
> changes to decimal point. Therefore, while doing any math calculation
> it gives error. Any body has a solution to this problem.
> Bhanja

=====
---
Allan Havemose, Ph.D.