Re: Off Topic : Windows

Theo:
I went to the web site you posted.  It is very
interesting and informative.

Microsoft may be shooting themselves in the foot
with  their plan to have 3 year subscriptions for their
software.
The results will be that users, particularly big
users like large companies and governments, will be tempted to switch to other
operating systems such as Linux; and there will be more software piracy. There
is no system of copy protection that can't be broken by a knowledgeable and
determined hacker. In the past 2 years the computer systems of major
international banks, large companies, and government agencies have
been penetrated. My guess is that these security systems were/are more difficult
to crack than Microsoft's anti-pirating schemes. It may also attract the
attention of the Justice Department notwithstanding the present occupant of the
White House.

comments please

Lionel Issen<A
href="mailto:lissen@xxxxxxxxx";>lissen@xxxxxxxxx