Re: Changing from MetaStock List to Online Forum

I belong, or did, to several other mailing lists that
migrated to e-Groups, and then to Yahoo when they
absorbed e-Groups.  The transition was a long way
from being painless for me.  There are still several
lists whose Web sites I can't get into because, although
I still receive the lists, and can even post to them, the
Web sites don't recognize me as a member.  This is
not counting whatever lists I may have lost completely.
There were enough of them so that I've lost track.  None
of the work-arounds suggested by Yahoo or by list
members did the trick for me, and I tried just dumping
the lists and resubscribing to them for fear of losing
the ones I still get.

This is not to say that a direct migration to Yahoo might
not go more smoothly.  However, it's an issue to consider.

Owen Davies