Re: VWAP Support/Resistance Problems

To those who can't plot the Metastock indicator (I can't either), try this.

Go to http://www.Wealth-Lab.com
Look down the left hand column and click on the "Public ChartScripts" link.
Then select the "VWAP for support and resistance" ChartScript. (It's toward the
bottom of the list.) Then type in any symbol and you'll see the chart created
with the VWAP. By default they use 1500 bars for the lookback...but they say
you can choose any other number. (I haven't figured out how to do this yet...but
I've asked.)

While this is a free site, you might want to register (it's free) to avail yourself
of other options available.

I have no personal interest in this website. Just passing along an option.

Claud

stephen bell wrote:

> {In the May 2001 Tech. analysis of Stocks & Commodities, George Reyna
> presents the following Metastock indicator:
>
> Volume Weighted Ave. Price Support/Resistance
>
> Problem:
> The indicator will not plot on any Metastock window.  I checked into the
> Metastock website to see if they had a correction to the code, but did
> not see any.  Does anyone on this listserv have success with using this
> indicator?
>
> Thanks,
> Stephen Bell, Tucson AZ USA}
>
> {From P.67, TASC, May 2001
> MIDAS Volume Weighted Ave Price-Support/resist.}
>
> sm:=Input("Starting Month",1,12,1);
> sd:=Input("Starting day of month",1,31,1);
> sy:=Input("Starting year",1980,2100,2000);
> start:= sd = DayOfMonth() AND sm = Month() AND sy = Year();
> pv:= MP()*V;
>
> denom:=If(Cum(V)-ValueWhen(1,start,Cum(V))=0,1,Cum(V)-ValueWhen(1,start,Cum(V)));
>
> If(BarsSince(start),(Cum(pv)-ValueWhen(1,start,Cum(pv)))/denom,MP())

begin:vcard
n:Baruch;Claud
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
version:2.1