Re: CDNX

I've used TD Waterhouse, CyberTrader, and am currently only trading with
Datek Online because I've scaled back to end of day only. I have
downloaded data into Quicken 2000 both from Cyber and Datek. The process
is a little less simple with Cyber, but still easy enough. Here's my
respective opinions about each:

CyberTrader: Loved the quick, direct-access executions and telephone or
chat support from them. Charting is OK; not too many indicators. Use
Metastock Pro for that, although you have to pay for a separate data
feed. They have a tool called CyberQuant that allows real-time searches
for stocks that meet a set of conditions you specify. Commissions seem a
bit high. Definitely need broadband to trade from your house with this.

Datek: A web broker, but still relatively quick executions. They honor a
60-second execution on market orders, which I usually use. About 10% of
my trades are free, with all of them at the price I want and some
better. Support is also great. They recently started offering their
version of "direct-access", but it's not as direct as Cyber - you just
get to pick your ECN.

TD Waterhouse: Trading the CDNX may be important to you, but if you want
to tangle with an impenetrable bureaucracy, get support only from
brokers that don't have time to answer the phone, be required to dial a
different phone number for every type of question, fill out another form
for any type of transaction, have a 4-month wait to transfer your money
to a different broker, wait for slow account updates and slow executions
to boot, try Waterhouse. I got a customer service survey every month
that supposedly came from the President that said he would personally
respond, but I never heard from him. Usually you want your broker to try
to be in your corner, but it always seemed like it was me against them
AND the market. I WOULD NOT recommend using TD Waterhouse.

Datek: A web