Re: systems testing

A general book on system development that I have found useful is Robert
Pardo's "Design, testing and optimization of trading systems".  It gives a
good overview strategies for and pitfalls of system design and would be
useful to both tradestation and metastock users.  The book "Trade your way
to financial freedom" by Van Tharp, in spite of its title, also gives some
good information on system design and emphasizes that systems are made up of
a lot more than just entry rules. Tharp has a web site with a name that is
not easily remembered (by me at least).  Do a search on his name and the web
site should turn up.

These are not cookbooks for metastock or tradestaion syntax.  They treat the
subject at a conceptual level.  The concepts are good and they will lead a
beinning to intermediate trader to say..."gee whiz, I have a lot to learn".
So it goes.

Dan