RE: Windows 2000 OS

Jim,

Other than being extremely careful to backup all of the data files that you
will need, there should be no real issues of concern.  Reinstalling
everything and reestablishing your preferences could be time consuming,
depending on the number of applications that you run.

I recently converted my three networked systems to Win2000.  I use Metastock
Pro 7.03 in real time, and the difference has been surprising.  It runs
faster.  It uses fewer resources.  Memory management is so much better.
Small glitches like the Equis File Server's taking forever to shut down when
I stop real time collection have cleared up as well.  I would expect that
there are similar efficiencies in using it EOD.

Even the ancient 233Mhz laptop runs faster and more easily on Win2000.

You will see very little difference in the interface or the look of the two
OS's.  Metastock installs and the interface is the same on both (i.e. CNTL
or SHIFT mouse scrolling features, etc.).

It's been one of the most effective things I've done for system performance,
and that includes bumping my processor speeds and upgrading from 128Megs to
256Megs of RAM.

You are correct in doing the clean install and converting to NT File System
(NTFS).  It is the right way (the only way?) to do it.

Dave Nadeau
Fort Collins, CO