math and 3D plots

Thanks for your emails

What you are talking about is the confusion between Math and Arithmetic.

Most of the stuff in Metastock and Excel is Arithmetic, i.e., the
calculations and algorithms. The hard stuff is usually the "Math".

Personally, I stick with the easier Arithmetic and only get dragged into
Math kicking and screaming. There are some very good Math people on the list
who love the stuff and could easily explain the difference between
Arithmetic and Math as it relates to Metastock and Excel.

You need a 3D plot to handle equations that have two variables. The points
of the array are plotted in 3d space and joined by straight line segments.
That's why you get the wired grid look with the cute bright colours.

I like Derive because it's got all those easy to use buttons right on the
algebra window so now I can quickly punch in all of Simons' expressions and
get those neat looking plots.

Best regards

Walter