RE: Newbie question

Hey me,

Try just using PEAK(1,HIGH,1)<>Ref(PEAK(1,HIGH,1),-1) in an expert.  Go to
the Symbols tab, create a new one, put that expression above=1 as your
condition, and select your graphic/placement/color/etc. from the graphic
tab.

The function PEAK() will return the value that you are testing...the high in
the formula above.  So when you put PEAK(1,HIGH,1)>50 as a condition, it
will be true (or =1) for every bar on the chart which follows a close higher
than 50.

The best way to get a feel for how an indicator works is by creating a new
custom indicator which plots that function and put it up on a chart.  Then
you can mess around with your values like 1% or 5% in the formula to see
what it does.

Dave Nadeau
Fort Collins, CO