System Tester

I've used Metastock for several years looking for patterns and other means
of stock selection.  Recently I've begun using the System Tester.  A few
questions.

1. Metastock says that a one day delay using the open price for entry and a
zero day delay using the close for the exit price is the most realistic
method.   When I set this up, are the signals still given on a zero day
delay but the price of entry is actually one day after the green arrow is
placed on the chart?

2.  If there is a zero day delay on the close exit, is it presupposing that
the entry on the next day will have no slippage from the previous close?

3.  How much optimization is too much?