Re: Lag In Moving Avg

Bob Webb is exactly right, and said it very well.  It's
not possible to remove the lag from a moving average.

It is possible to draw a non-linear trendline through
a time series, and this will give you an idea of
the current trend.  Such a trendline doesn't appear
to the eye to have the lag associated with an MA.

For example, try my "plot" page at
http://www.digital-web.net/~haferman/plot.html

Enter any U.S. equity symbol, wait about 10 seconds,
and you'll get a plot back with a best-fit non-linear
trendline.

Jeff