Re: looking for trend

a formula to place in the "expert corner" to show bullish / bearish trend.
i tried several ideas ( moving averages, macd >0) but i am not satisfied
yet.
i searched in "gupy" & "equis" but found nothing real good.
any ideas ?

Try the DMI.  If the Plus DI is above the Minus DI the trend is up and the
reverse for downtrends.

BTW, I find that most trading results can be improved if we operate as though
there were three trends instead of just up and down.  I like to think in
terms of up, down and sideways.  Once you start thinking in those terms
results start improving and indicators make more sense.  Identifying sideways
periods takes a little thought and planning but it can be done.  One of the
easiest ways to identify sideways periods is to add a second indicator that
must confirm the trend direction of the first indicator.  If the two
indicators do not line up and agree on the direction we can assume the trend
is sideways.  Also in a trending market we can expect to see new highs or new
lows on a regular basis.  If there has not been a new high or low in a while
the we are obviously in a sideways market.

Chuck Le Beau
www.traderclub.com