Re: Trendiness or Congestion measurement - r-squared + Linear regression Slope

  • To: <metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Trendiness or Congestion measurement - r-squared + Linear regression Slope
  • From: "Al Taglavore" <altag@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 23:50:25 -0800

Rick>How do you know where to start and stop you Linear Regression
> line, and how do you know how many periods to use for r-aquared

I am using a Linear Regression line, but I do not recall discussing it.
The original discussion was using r-square and the Linear Regression Slope.
 For this, there is no starting point.  The 23 period value assigned to
r-square is derived from doing extensive  system tests on a particular
setup pattern that I look for as a pre-condition to a trade.  The 13 period
value assigned to the Linear Regression Slope was derived from comparing
different value lines and determining which gave the better indication of
price movement with the least lag and fewest whipsaws.  Also, it is a Fib
value.  I thought the Fib value of 21 for the r-square would be
significant, but it was not.

Al Taglavore