From: Bill N.
To: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, October 07, 1999 6:52 AM
Subject: Re: Excel question. Help for the simple minded.

Thanks,

Sometimes some of this stuff is so simple I overlook the obvious.

But what has me stumped now is how to count the occurrences of a certain
value in a column of figures.  Say col. B contained the following values:
3.7, 9.1, 4.8, 3.2, 0.6, 7.0, 2.1.  Now I would like to be able to count the
number of rows that have values greater than 3 but less than 4.  Obviously
the correct answer to the above would be "2" as we have 3.7 and 3.2 as
values.

I've tried using the "count", "countif", and even "dcount" functions but
keep getting errors.  And if I don't get an error the formula generates a
"true" or "false" statement.

If this could be done it would really cap off my study.

Thanks again,

Bill N.
Milwaukee, WI USA