Re: Cycling through Charts

Firstly, the new folder you create (eg ASX150) should be separate from the
folders A,B,C,D,...etc and not positioned as a subdirectory of A,B,C,D etc.
Perhaps position the folder as a sub folder of the Metastock folder. To
convert the data file to Metastock format files, you'll need to run through
the convert process twice.

Go through the first run as you normally do, which converts ALL the ASCII
files to Metstock format.

The second run, the Convert Securities Destination Folder needs to be
altered to the new folder eg. ASX150 which you can do by browsing to the new
folder you have created. Then go into Options/Destination and turn off
CREATE NEW FILES and TRAVERSE DESTINATION FOLDERS.
Before running the conversion, alter the
Convert Securities/Options/Source/Message Limits to "Maximum Errors 2700"
"Maximum Warnings 2700". If you are converting the whole ASX you will need
this higher capacity because as each ASCII file is converted to Metastock
format, an error will be generated for each file not included in the 150
securities in the ASX150 folder. The total number of error messages will
equal the total number of ASCII files minus the 150 files in the new folder.
This is alright. At the end of the conversion run the Conversion Report
should display a green tick against each security you have selected for your
ASX150. There should be a red cross against each file which hasn't converted
successfully(on this run). Because you are only converting 150 files on this
second run the process is much quicker than the first run.

So, at the end of the two conversions all of your subdirectories
A,B,C,D,etc. securities should be updated as well as the duplicate
securities in folder ASX150. You know if you don't wish to duplicate the
securities in the new folder you have this option to delete the source
security when you copy the files but I think it's a good idea to keep the
core subfolders' securities intact from which you can create as many other
special folders as required. It is also a good backup.

A bit longwinded but I think this might work for you.

Ian Burgoyne
Melbourne