WoodsonWaveReport-990823 (interim report)

THE WOODSON WAVE REPORT - SPECIAL INTERIM REPORT UPDATE
AUGUST 23, 1999
http://www.galaxymall.com/finance/stockmarket

END OF WAVE B?

Under the link "Keys to mastering Elliott Wave" on our web site, the most important
part of mastering Elliott is quoted as follows:
"The first key in mastering Elliott Wave is one's ability to admit to himself that he is wrong."

We have cited several fibonacci relationships for the B wave rise that began from the lows
of almost a year ago. It is interesting to note that while these targets have failed to identify
the ultimate top of this wave, they have served us well in identifying the short term tops
along the way.

As detailed in the special interim report from July 20, our target date of April 19, 1999, and
later target price of 11,130 both proved to offer significant resistance to the market on its
way up during this current wave.
We can now add the target of 11,267 to that list. While the Dow topped within 15 points of
our target before falling over 700 points, it has now rebounded past that high, negating
the "blueprint" for wave C (August 2, 1999 issue page 3).

While the wave pattern of the "blueprint" is invalid, the actual turn dates that identify market
highs and lows is still intact. Note that we anticipated the first low to occur on 8/11/99.
The market bottomed one day earlier on 8/10/99. The next high is identified as 8/19-23/99.
Obviously, the make or break point on our timing in regards to turn dates is upon us.

The B wave count is hanging on by a thread. Now, there is only one more fibonacci
relationship between wave B and wave A that remains.
As stated in the special interim report from July 20, 1999:
"Using the high of July 20, 1998, our target for the top is 11,334."

I listed this target last because, as you know, I prefer to use the highs of April 1998, not the
highs from July of 1998 as the orthodox top. I want to restate this 11,334 target because
our previous fibonacci targets for wave B have all marked temporary tops. Why would this
one be any different?  Any move above 11,334 negates the long term B wave count.

The B wave scenario:
The Dow finally tops at 11,334 and is followed by a wave C decline that takes
thousands of points off the Dow.
Alternately, we will discuss the wave 5 scenario in detail in the next issue, if market
conditions warrant. We should all know soon.

Thank you for subscribing to The Woodson Wave Report.
Dale Woodson, editor.
Next monthly issue - September 3, 1999.

NEWSLETTER $15 PER ISSUE OR,

$165 YEARLY SUBSCRIPTION INCLUDES 12 MONTHLY ISSUES PLUS SPECIAL
INTERIM REPORTS OR,
$42 QUARTERLY SUSCRIPTION INCLUDES 3 MONTHLY ISSUES PLUS SPECIAL
INTERIM REPORTS.

Disclaimer: The Woodson Wave Report combines Elliott Wave analysis and
Fibonacci ratios to identify turning point targets in the Dow, bond and gold markets
with respect to both price and time. This report is issued monthly and as targets are achieved.
The information contained in the report is prepared solely for informational purposes and
should not be taken as an offer to buy or sell any investment vehicle.
Past performance is no guarantee of future results.
Woodson Wave Report is removed from any and all liabilities.