Re: Maximum Adverse Excursion

Hi Andreas

The code and all the "tiups and traps" are given in Sweeney's book "Maximum
Adverse Excursion".

It is coded as in-cell code and is fairly complicated, e.g.,

=IF($G3<>0,IF($G2<>0,IF($H2
=FALSE,IF($G2<0,MAX(0,$G2+$D3,$I2),MAX(0,$G2
    -C3,$I2)),IF($G2<0,MAX(0,$G2+$D3),MAX(0,$G2 ... etc.

The original code was written in Excel 4.0 so there is no public VBA code
available. Once the basic worksheets are set up it is very easy to cut and
paste into all of your XL and VBA systems.

MAE is also shown in Metastock System Tester Individual trade reports for
each trade, see your Metastock manual.

MinAE and MaxFE are useful additions to detect / filter spike lows as MinFE
and MaxFE detect filter spike highs.

MAE and MFE are the basic tools for developing Days-in-Trade indicators in
Excel to compliment Metastock indicators.

Sweeney's system for trend and range trading is quite comprehensive and will
keep you quite busy trading just a few markets.

Best regards

Walter