Re: System Tester Stops -- Exit at the Stop Price

Glen:

Based on my exceedingly non-scientific observations<g>,
as best I can tell from checking a few more random trades, when "Exit at Stop
Price" is NOT checked and Exit Price/Trade Delay is set to 1, a trade will be
exited on the bar immediately following the bar on which the Max Loss had been
exceeded, but when "Exit at Stop Price" IS checked, a trade will be exited ON
the bar on which the Max Loss is exceeded.  In either case, conditionally based
exits such as trailing stops that i.e. are based on moving averages are
unaffected by the activation/inactivation of  "Exit at Stop Price" and will
always exit based on the user selected value for Trade Delay, which in this
example is 1.  In all cases trade equity is calculated using the user selected
Trade Price/Entry Price and Trade Price/Exit Price, which is of course is
limited to O,H,L, or C.

I believe what I just said (or tried to say) is in agreement with the first of
two paragraphs (below) from the manual.  I'll admit that I had to read that
first paragraph more than once to make sense of it though.  Once I got a grasp
on what "actual stop price", "the specified exit price", and "exact stop price
level" meant in Equis-ese, that paragraph actually made a bit of sense.

Gaps- If long and the market gaps open below your Max Stop, the exit seems to
occur on that bar's open (gap bar), even if Close has been selected for the
Trade Price/Exit Price.  I arrived at this based on a statistically invalid
sampling of..............1 (one) occurrence.<G>

I truly welcome any input that will correct anything I've said or shed light on
any of this and I encourage further testing!  (Just not by me.) <g>

Regards,
Ken