Re: System Tester Stops

I agree that this is a feature that needs to be added asap and would go a long
way in making a good product better.
It's a very frustrating limitation to only be able to exit at a bar's O,H,L, or
C.  This ranks as the most important feature that needs to be addressed in the
System Tester as far as *I* am concerned.  I'd rather be able to run a test that
accurately calculates equity from a more robust range of scenarios on only one
security at a time, rather than to have the ability to test multiple securities
with the current limitations...if I had to choose.  Remarkably, not everybody's
pain threshold is exceeded only on the O,H,L, or C.  Currently, lots of methods
are unable to be tested because current entry/exit restrictions do not permit
equity to reflect more realistic trade situations...unless you always only
enter/exit on O,H,L, or C.

Changing subjects slightly,
can someone tell me what having "Exit at Stop Price" checked really does.  As
best as I can tell,
it seems that the only feature of "Exit at Stop Price" is that it ignores Trade
Delay.  While this is an improvement,
I can find nothing else that it does.  Equity still seems to be calc'd from
whichever Exit Price has been selected....O,H,L, or C.

For example, under OPTIONS, if Trade Price/ Exit Price/ DELAY is set to 1 and
"Exit at Stop Price" is checked, all trades that exceed
the Max stop value are stopped out ON the bar that price actually penetrated the
Max stop value (P/L restricted to calculating
from the user preselected Exit Price of either O,H,L, or C), but trades that
close as a result of a condition that one writes in
Metastock Language (such as a low falling below a moving average) continue to
exit 1 bar AFTER the exit condition is
triggered.
If "Exit at Stop Price" is NOT checked, BOTH scenarios will close the trade 1
bar after the exit condition is triggered.