From: owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of POMPATIS@xxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, August 08, 1999 7:15 PM
To: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: atr trailing stop

Hello all,

I am trying to code an atr based trailing stop and have been flailing.
Perhaps those better at this than I could assist.

The english language version would read something like this:

For long positions the trailing stop would be:

Current price minus 2 times the highest value of a 5 period moving average
of
a 5 period atr since the position was initated.

Perhaps a custom  indicator could be created which behaved as above, and the
exit could be entered as a cross of the price with the indicator.

Obviously, the inverse would be true for short positions:  lowest value
since, etc.

Thanks to anyone who is able to assist.

Sincerely,

K. Miles