Latest sentiment data

here is the latest....

                LOWRISK.COM

         INVESTOR SENTIMENT SURVEY

                 8 / 2 / 99

     brought to you by Investormap.com
the biggest directory of investing sites on the net.
         http://www.investormap.com

Below are the results of our weekly "Guess the Dow" sentiment
survey. The survey was taken from 7/27 through 8/2 on the
Lowrisk.com web site.

Number of participants: 295

30 day outlook:

36% bullish,  36% last week
44% bearish,  39% last week
20% neutral,  26% last week

(percentages may not sum to 100 due to rounding)

Median guess for the DJIA closing value on Friday, 8/6: 10,812 (it
was 10,880 last week). More complete sentiment data is available at:
<http://www.lowrisk.com/sentiment.htm> .

A mixed sentiment picture this week. In a week where the DJIA fell
256 points, bullish sentiment remain unchanged at 36% and bearish
sentiment rose 5% to 44%. Neutral sentiment dropped 6% to 20%. With
the market down and bulls staying even, it looks like there is not
enough fear in this market to look for a bottom. On the other hand,
the bearish reading at 44% is starting to get up near a level where
we start to like the bulls chances.

We know that the summer doldrums are here, but our sentiment survey
had the lowest participation of the year last week. Please stop by
and put in your opinion on the market...the more participation we
get, the better our sentiment data. Please stop by to take part in
this weeks survey at: http://www.lowrisk.com/guess.htm

best regards,
Jeff Walker