From: Walter Lake <wlake@xxxxxxxxx>
To: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Monday, July 12, 1999 12:39 PM
Subject: Re: track down intruders

Yes ... the intruder tried to come through my internet connection.

Intruder Alert 99 slammed the firewall door and flashed a message box ...
just like an antivirus message box

"SamSpade" dug out the address

Here's part of the trace.

in-nyy-core1.Teleglobe.net fraudulent rDNS)
13 207.45.223.110  227ms  159ms  166ms  TTL:  0
(gin-mtt-core1.Teleglobe.net fraudulent rDNS)
14 207.45.222.134  165ms  152ms  147ms  TTL:  0  (gin-mtt-bb3.Teleglobe.net
fraudulent rDNS)
15 207.45.204.206  154ms  151ms  161ms  TTL:  0  (cust-gw.Teleglobe.net
probable bogus rDNS: h

Well, well ... nice to know that the firewall works.

I've got a possible name and an address to figure out what to do with.

Best regards

Walter