Optimal f

Hi Glen

No problem ... maybe we can struggle through this high speed Vs slow speed
stuff together.

Optimal f ... Schmoptimal f ... here's part of an email about the demands
about real life spread portfolio management.

"... Its been a tough week on the spread front.  Moore's spreads had peaked
at about plus 9800 last week and you can see they dumped down to plus 4100
to end the month.  Needless to say I have been dancing all week with the
spreads and have managed to gain about 2500 as they were taking the hit.  I
know that legging in and out is not the best choice but I have had a lot of
previous practice and it certainly beats getting hammered.

It was getting so bad that by last night I was beginning to lose track of
what I was in and what I had to do next.

Even put the squeeze on some poor slob who was jammed up in LHG on the
fourth day of limit down as he paid a 200 pt extra premium just to get out
by taking my LHQ/LHG spread  which I had been unable to safely unload.  Then
Feb Hogs finally traded late today and he could have gotten out anyway (and
a hell of a lot cheaper).

One thing a trader has to remember is that even if a market is locked limit
it doesn't matter to the spread pits because they can fill anywhere and can
even estimate the over runs so the market does not even have to trade at the
artificial price to get filled. ..."

Such is life for the tired and strung out.

Best regards

Walter