Much to my surprise, a success story!

Thanks to everyone's input and making me go back and revisit MS for Windows.
Using PREV to Self Reference Formulas, I was able to add the missing link
and perform ALL of my calculations within MS for Windows.

I'm now completely live in MetaStock, albeit I still have Bonds separate
from my S&Ps.  Now what I have to do is pull the Bonds and the S&Ps together
in 1 chart and start plugging my rules into System Tester.

I'm really shocked at how little work was necessary to convert my modified
functions over to the ones I have running in TAS.

So let me sum this up.  With support from Ton Maas and Equis Support, I was
able to redo the failed  conversion of my DOS indicators and get my DOS
system up and running under MS for Windows.  That took about 4 hours once I
realized I had to delete the fouled up output from the first conversion
attempt.  Next, I was able to add my TAS calculations to MS for Windows in
approximately 4 more hours and verify that the output matched my TAS output.
It helped that I still had all of my output debugging files still being
generated in TAS, so the information was there to check without doing any
more TAS programming.

OK, I'm sold so far.  I was able to actually do some programming in MS and
make it work in record time!  Again it helped in that all I had to do was
copy the code from my TAS script and input it into Indicator Builder.  The
new (compared to DOS MS) programming syntax made my life substantially
easier.  I'm planning on going back over my code, add variables (according
to MS this will speed things up) and replace all of the old style code with
stuff I can understand.  It's so much easier to use things like mathematical
operators and parenthesis rather than the old mul(div(sub(add(......

Now, my next step will be to check out System Tester and see if I can
program in my trading logic.  If I can, I will be more than happy.

Now for the one negative.  Using the PREV technique appears to be quite
inefficient.  It used to take approximately 3 seconds to load my Chart
without these new calculations.  By adding these new calculations in a new
Inner Window, it takes 23 seconds just for these calculations (using drag
and drop for the new indicator into an Inner Window).  When I load a chart
that contains both sets of calculations, it takes substantially longer, 45
seconds.

It looks like I'm better off loading the chart without the new calculations,
then drag and drop those from the indicator for a total of 25 seconds to
load versus the combined 45 seconds.  These speed comparisons are for a
system running on a PII-400 with 64Mb RAM.  I'll probably just let it grind
on for the 45 seconds while I attempt to speed everything up.

Regards

Guy
grt@xxxxxxxxxxxx