RE: Variables

To Nicholas, Wander, David, Lionel, Bob, et al:

To All looking at my U1 problem, let me restate the code, since I took the
easy way out and really cut it down to simplify it.

Basically this is the U1 function:

If Mnumb = 0
    U1 = prev U1
Else
    If  C_Bar > 0
         U1 = ((prev U1 * C1) + Mnumb)/(C1+1)
    Else
         U1 = (prev U1 * C1)/(C1+1)
    Endif
Endif

This is a slight abbreviation of the U1 code.  As you can see, the thought
behind the code is as follows:  If some number (Mnumb) is equal to 0 then U1
= prev U1 otherwise if the C_bar > 0, U1 is a modified moving average.  If
C_bar is <= 0, U1 is slightly less than it would be if C_bar > 0.   U1, U2,
D1 and D2 are four components that make up the majority of our short term
and long term momentum calculations.

There's no problem in TAS, but I was hoping to eliminate running two
different programs.

Based on what Bob and wander say, I'm going to add the code to MS tonight
and give it a whirl.  I'll post my results as to whether it works.  Have to
wait for the 9 year old to get to bed.  Still sick with a high fever.
That's going on 11 days now and nobody knows what the heck is happening.
Today we did the blood work.  Checking for everything under the sun
including Hep A, parasites, Epstein-Barr and Mono, and a bunch of others 3rd
world disorders.  Ain't living in So. CA wonderful?

Regards

Guy