Re: win95 or winNT for multiple applications

Switch to WinNT4.0(WKS) with SP5.
Later this year(oct99), upgrade to Win2000 (was WinNT5.0).
If you would like to read up on this first............

WINDOWS NT WORKSTATION 4.0 - THE EASIEST UPGRADE TO
                                                                  WINDOWS 2000 PROFESSIONAL
Upgrade to Windows 2000 the easy way! Find out how - with this white paper
outlining the key steps for upgrading Windows NT Workstation 4.0 to
Windows 2000 Professional.
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/cdonline/upg2000.htm

UPGRADING TO WINDOWS 2000 PROFESSIONAL WHITEPAPER
Download the document below for an overview of the key steps and considerations
involved in upgrading to Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional from all of the following
operating systems:
  -Windows NT Workstation 4.0
  -Windows NT Workstation 3.51
  -Windows 98
  -Windows 95
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsNT5/workstation/overview/Planning/Upgradepaper.asp

Regards,
Ton Maas
ms-irb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dismiss the ".nospam" bit (including the dot) when replying.