RE: Hard Disk Backup

It depends on how much drive space you have to store your BU's. My thought
is 1-2 weeks back up may be enough ( but you must make that decision). If
you do one complete BU with 4or 5 incrementals then that space times say
four would cover perhaps close to one month. If you get a 60% compression
BU then one full BU would be about 8 tenths of one GB. If you had a 16 GB
spare space on two hard drives then you could retain 20 full BUs. I suggest
alternating your hard drives in making BUs. I purchased a hard drive
receiver to mount in my computer which comes with an envelope container in
which you place a hard drive. The envelope container box slides in from the
front of the computer and makes connection. You do not need to remove your
computer case and the hard drive is enclosed completely within this case.
Each time you change the hard drive my system is not powered up. On start
up you are required to hit the delete key to enter the BIOS settings and
then let your computer recognize the different hard drive parameters. If
both drives are identically this may not be necessary.

The question is how long a time will expire before you find data
contamination or missing data. This is the minimum period that one should
exceed in keeping BUs. If you have a BU made prior to the contamination or
erased data date you may use the BU data to recover. For example if you
discover bad data that also is included on 17 BUs and the 18th BU is good
then the problem occurred during the period between the 17 and 18 BU.