Re: volatility bands on oscillators

I'm not sure how to create "Bands" on a oscillator, based on the
"Average True Range" since the ATR function is derived from the
days High and Low. I did manage to modify the "Denvelope"
code to work on the "RSI". This code may be worthless....but here
it is:

name:Denvelope (RSI)

pds:=Input("Periods",2,200,14);
sd:=Input("Standard Deviations",.01,10,2);
D1:= RSI(pds);
alpha:=2/(pds+1);
mt:=alpha*D1+(1-alpha)*(If(Cum(1)<pds,D1,PREV));
ut:=alpha*mt+(1-alpha)*(If(Cum(1)<pds,D1,PREV));
dt:=((2-alpha)*mt-ut)/(1-alpha);
mt2:=alpha*Abs(D1-dt)+(1-alpha)*PREV;
ut2:=alpha*mt2+(1-alpha)*PREV;
dt2:=((2-alpha)*mt2-ut2)/(1-alpha);